A water chiller is a device used to lower the temperature of water. Most chillers use refrigerant in a closed loop system to facilitate heat exchange from water where the refrigerant is then pumped to a location where the waste heat is transferred to the atmosphere. However, there are other method in performing this action. In hydroponics, pumps, lights and ambient heat can warm the reservoir water temperatures, leading to plant root and health problems. For ideal plant health, a water chiller can be used to lower the water temperature below ambient leve.
In air conditioning, chilled water is often used to cool a building’s air and equipment, especially in situations where many individual rooms must be controlled separatel. A chiller lowers water temperature to between 40 °F (4 °C) and 45 °F (7 °C) before the water is pumped to the location to be cooled.
ATO water-cooled chiller is mainly composed of semi closed twin compressor, shell and tube condenser, flooded evaporator, oil separator, throttle mechanism, electric control system and so on.
- Evaporator. During running of the unit, the evaporator maintains low temperature and pressure so that the evaporated refrigerant takes away the heat of the cooling water.
- Condenser. During running of the unit, the condenser maintains high temperature and pressure so that the cooling water flowing throw the condenser will take away the heat of the refrigerant.
- Compressor. It will push the evaporated refrigerant in the evaporator to the condenser and maintain the differential pressure of the system.
- Oil separator. It will separate the refrigeration oil from the gassy refrigerant and send it back to the compressor so that the compressor runs safely and reliably.
- Electric control system. Adopting microcomputer control system, it is possible to adjust the output cooling capacity automatically to meet the users actual needs. It is possible to use side, heat source water pump and cooling tower fan. Displayed parameters include inlet and outlet temperature of cooling water, inlet and outlet temperature of cool water, evaporating and condensing pressure ect. It is possible to check the current malfunction and the previous malfunction record. Please refer to instruction of display for detail.